Tuesday, August 31, 2021

Physical Therapy

 I have been in therapy all my life. It will always be a part of my life. With that being said, there will be changes in how it looks and where I go. I've gone to Easter Seals for 13 years. Before them, I went to Pathways; I thought I was so cool because I could walk there from my parent's house to the clinic independently. I went to Pathways as a teenager and Easter Seals as a college student and beyond. I have been transitioning to going to the Advanced Rehabilitation Clinics (ARC) and Athletico. 

This month, I went to see my occupational therapist and she expressed that I did not need to come on a regular basis from now on. The same thing happened with physical therapy earlier this year. It's sweet in the fact that I know I am doing well enough to not need specialized therapy but bitter because I genuinely love everyone at Easter Seals, they are incredibly committed group of therapists. It's a really special place and they are always there for me but it's time to move on. My therapists and I have done this slowly; Covid sped up that timeline, but I am really glad I have successfully transitioned out of Easter Seals with the exception of the occasional "checkup".

 In other news, I gave my website a face lift! You can check it out here: https://www.inhannahswords.org/. If you know of any speaking that I could do, please let me know. I am looking for work. I would love to write on behalf of any minority or good cause. 

Until Next Time,

Hannah! 

 


 

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Hannah, I know we really haven't kept in touch very well, but I was re-watching some of your Christmas videos lately, and it took me back to that summer instantly! I want you to know, because it may not have been clear earlier, that I really like you as a person and not just a convenient living arrangement. In fact, wishing I could visit, but now the timing is awful, of course. I feel like my life has been so chaotic that I wasn't able to be a good friend to anyone, but it seems like it's settling down a bit or might in the next year. Thank you for continuing to send blog links and Christmas cards <3

    ReplyDelete

"We Don't Do Slow"

  Sitting in Washington D.C. traffic is like nothing else. Olivia’s ponytail hung on the back seat in front of me. Olivia, my bright-eyed,...