Wednesday, April 29, 2015

See You at the Finish Line!

The race is three days away. I walked a half mile and then a 6th of a mile so I feel ready. The factor that seems to affect me is the weather. So, say a little prayer that it's 60 or 70 degrees out and I will probably be much more comfortable and faster. If you want to come, thank you. I can't have too many cheerleaders, and e-mail me if you need the address!

 
Our Easter was lovely but different. My parents went to University of Kentucky to go to a Saturday night basketball game and picked me up Sunday afternoon for brunch. I missed David! Usually, I'm home by Saturday night and we spend Easter morning in our pajamas. I missed pretending the Easter Bunny was real for David and Genevieve even though that ended years ago. Mom made sure we all got Easter baskets though. To all the big brothers and sisters out there: enjoy every minute of the Easter Bunny, the tooth fairy, and Santa Claus. You'll blink and your little brother will be in college.

 
I had a special visitor, Keith! Remember, I wrote about his wedding back in October? He came here for a short time and we had a late dinner. He told me our mutual friend, Brian, is still in remission. We both are so grateful. Of course, I had to ask about babies! Nope, not until their 30. Looks like I will have to wait.

 
Actually, I take that back! Emily, my cousin is pregnant and due in September. We'll have a little baby at Christmas which I can't wait for! Speaking of good news, Julie is still at home. It's wonderful news! I still haven't seen her but once The Bachelorette starts, I'm sure that will change.
 
Thank you so much for all of your support regarding the FCC. It was overwhelming! I haven't heard from some teachers from high school and when they responded to my last post, it made me realize I am doing something right. That is what I want to do-make you proud! Glenbrook South and Elmhurst College gave me every tool to be successful and I plan on continuing to make you proud! 

 
See you at the finish line,
Hannah!


No comments:

Post a Comment

A Slice of my Memoir

 For those of you who don't know, I met a girl named, Katherine at the camp that I used to go to. She is my best friend. We text every...