Monday, July 31, 2017

Soldier and Citizen

Soldier and Citizen

You are a soldier.
You face fires everyday
You face the sounds of bombs everyday
You face poor hygiene everyday
You face the boys and girls of Iraq who call you heroes
You face not seeing your family everyday
You face knowing you might have to hurt someone everyday
You face having your brother’s life on the line everyday
You face having your life on the line everyday
I am an American citizen
I am thankful for a peaceful Independence Day
I am thankful there is not a draft
I am thankful for your family’s selflessness
I am thankful for what you face everyday.
I am thankful that you are a soldier.


This is a very simple poem I wrote when I was a teenager. Let's be grateful we are Americans.

Love, 
Hannah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Slice of my Memoir

 For those of you who don't know, I met a girl named, Katherine at the camp that I used to go to. She is my best friend. We text every...