Thursday, August 24, 2023

Moving On in Gratitude

Lots of updates! Lots of updates! 

First, I did find a new caregiver! Hallelujah! Praise the Lord! My mom literally stopped her life to find candidates that I could interview. I chose a woman who has a ton of experience. We are two weeks in and she’s comfortable with my care. I’m so relieved! It was an exhausting few weeks and I would not wish that stress on my worst enemy.

I’m emotional as I write this because I received cards, flowers, texts, emails, and a few of you even stopped by to visit. Having a support system like I do is the best gift I could have. To have everyone step up and realize that I was struggling and actually act on it is priceless. To know that you all care that much touches my heart so deeply. There are no words for how grateful I am.

In other news (so glad to be moving on), I did get published. I am published in Busted Halo, an online Catholic publication. You can click here to read the article. https://bustedhalo.com/life-culture/counting-on-christ. I worked on being published with my writing coach, Lex. He has been holding me accountable for writing my memoir.

Lex has been coaching me since February 2022. We meet via Zoom weekly and we do meet in person for different readings and plays in the city. He pushes me to be a better writer and he’ll humor me and read the occasional fun, girly novel during class especially when my life is difficult. Typically, he and I read serious memoirs, but Lex knows when I need class to be a break from life. It’s always appreciated! Here’s his website if you are interested: https://www.lexsonnewriting.com/. I cannot recommend him enough. Even if you don’t want to write a memoir, he tailors each class to his students.

I’m breathing a sigh of relief and focusing on writing. I’m so grateful for each and every one of you.

Gratefully,

Hannah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"We Don't Do Slow"

  Sitting in Washington D.C. traffic is like nothing else. Olivia’s ponytail hung on the back seat in front of me. Olivia, my bright-eyed,...