Wednesday, March 31, 2021

30 Cents

My communication device was tilted to the right. Something was very wrong. We were in Starbucks, of course, but my device clearly was not secure. My communication device is on a mount. The screws connecting my device and the mount broke. My caregiver and I were out running errands and with Ace Hardware within walking distance, it was the best bet.

We get there and the manager says, “well, this is unique”. That phrase defines the story of my life and I will admit “unique” certainly fit this situation. I was filled with dread and fear because if I cannot access my device, my life is on hold. The idea was so frustrating that my heart began to pound. Thankfully, the woman who managed the nuts-and-bolts section of the store was not phased as I thought she would be. She took my device downstairs and she figured out that one screw had broken in half. She had to thread it out without damaging the insides. She was needlessly apologizing for how much time it was taking. This is the most important thing in my life other than my wheelchair; take all the time you need.

Her name was Heather. Heather did it! I told her you are my guardian angel and a hero. She denied both names and simply charged me 30 cents for the two screws.

Have a good day,

Hannah!

12 comments:

  1. Hannah, your post made my day. We need to hear stories like yours of people just being nice and kind to one another. It lifted my soul. Thanks for sharing. - Mary Massery

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. Hope you have been well and healthy!

      Delete
  2. I was reading some of your content on this website and I conceive this internet site is really informative ! Keep on putting up. Kanada Visum

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only aspire to mention ones content can be as incredible. This clarity with your post is superb and that i may think you’re a guru for this issue. High-quality along with your concur permit me to to seize your current give to keep modified by using approaching blog post. Thanks a lot hundreds of along with you should go on the pleasurable get the job done. Kanada Visum

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really thank you for the valuable info on this great subject and look forward to more great posts. Thanks a lot for enjoying this beauty article with me. I am appreciating it very much! Looking forward to another great article. Good luck to the author! All the best! indyjska wiza online

    ReplyDelete
  5. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting? I'm pleased I discovered it though, ill be checking back soon to find out what additional posts you include. Indiens-turistvisum

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your content is nothing short of brilliant in many ways. I think this is engaging and eye-opening material. Thank you so much for caring about your content and your readers. beard oil boxes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Your words mean a lot to me. I hope you continue to read.

      Delete

A Slice of my Memoir

 For those of you who don't know, I met a girl named, Katherine at the camp that I used to go to. She is my best friend. We text every...