Friday, December 31, 2021

Let's be People of Hope

Two years ago, I wrote about the hype of New Year's Eve. While I still agree with it being a little overrated, it's a chance for us to pause and hope. We have been through a lot this year. We haven't made it through this pandemic, but we made significant progress. Progress is noteworthy. I'm tired of masks and talking about vaccines. This is not how I saw this year going. 

The good news is we can be people of hope. There's a reason why people keep having babies, there is a reason individuals go back to school to better themselves, there is a reason people get married and that is hope. When we look ahead, it's our instinct to hope. While hope may be coupled with fear, we can choose hope. That is what I wish for you this New Year: for you to hope. 

Happy 2022,

Hannah! 

3 comments:

A Slice of my Memoir

 For those of you who don't know, I met a girl named, Katherine at the camp that I used to go to. She is my best friend. We text every...