Tuesday, March 31, 2020

This is Hard

Well, these are hard times. There is no sugar coating it. It is April 12th and throughout these weeks, I've gotten some good advice.

  • Don't feel pressured to learn a new skill. We are going through a global crisis. It's okay not to come out of this as a yoga expert. Give yourself a break! I found this advice on https://www.upworthy.com/coronavirus-productivity-motivation-myths-dangers

  • One of my mentors encouraged me to make peace with it. I'm still trying but it's hard. I get energy from being around people. I love going to Easter Seals, my physical therapy place and seeing people I love. Same with church, Loyola, Starbucks, etc. I find a lot of purpose in checking in with people and not doing it on a daily basis has been challenging. Some days, I'm great about calling, some days not so much. If I have a goal, that would be it: to call someone I wouldn't necessarily call every day of quarantine.
 
  • Spend time with community. For example, my Bible study meets once a month and I suggested we meet on a Sunday night and three weeks later, we are doing it every week. If you want to gather, others do too!
 
  • It's okay to have a good cry. This is hard!  Thank you to our health care workers, grocery store employees, mail carriers, and everyone on the front lines. You're what this country is all about! 
 I hope this message greets you with good health. This country has a long road ahead but if we face it with hope, it'll be a lot easier. Take a deep breath, hunker down, and spread love.

With Love,
Hannah!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to know that your Bible study is going strong and that you are also able to reenergize yourself by connecting with friends in self-isolation. Smart to just take things as they come and not put pressure on yourself to be motivated or happy 24x7.

    Sometimes I am motivated, other times I procrastinate (part of my process) and occasionally, I just sit down with a bag of chips and finish half of them. I love chips. They make everything better.

    ReplyDelete

"We Don't Do Slow"

  Sitting in Washington D.C. traffic is like nothing else. Olivia’s ponytail hung on the back seat in front of me. Olivia, my bright-eyed,...